For convenience and to improve turnaround time, a Request for Analysis (Chain of Custody) can be downloaded from the website.
Pack the samples securely, ensuring that each sample is clearly labelled with a sample number. Please identify any
high-grade samples; this helps us to reduce the risk of cross-contamination. If using pop top vials or glass bottles,
ensure that they are taped shut and protected from breakage. Sealed plastic bags are best for shipping pulps.
Sample submissions poorly labelled or packaged, or having incomplete to no submission sheets may not be processed until adequate written instructions are received from the client and may incur additional sorting charges.
General Sampling Guidelines
- Ensure that sample containers or mineral sample envelopes are well sealed so that they do not leak.
- Label all sample containers clearly with non-removable markings - with your sample identification as a minimum. Permanent (black) marker can be used.
- Complete sample submission or Chain-of-Custody forms with all requests.
- Pack the samples carefully in a transport cooler or box, to avoid sample loss due to leakage or breakage. Rock samples can be submitted in heavy-duty polyethylene bags, cloth, or polyolefin bags. Rice bags are convenient for shipping rock samples.
- Please provide a detailed list of all samples submitted and the required analyses. This list can be sent as e-mail attachment and will speed up order processing.
Using a PolyMet Labs Request for Analysis Form, or a form of your own, identify:
- Your name or the name of the company
- Contact person and phone number; fax number and e-mail address are also helpful
- Type of samples
- Type of analysis
- Any special instructions
- Whether rejects and/or pulps should be stored or discarded upon completion of analysis
- Distribution of Reports (fax, e-mail); a hard copy will be mailed.
Complimentary shipping labels and requisition forms are available at no charge.
Samples may either be delivered to PolyMet Labs in person or sent by mail, bus, train or courier to the address
1 Presley Street
P.O. Box 699
P0J 1C0 Canada
A FREE pick-up service for samples is available within 100-300 km radius of our lab in Cobalt. Delivery and costs of sample transportation is preferred to be the responsibility of the client.